Keyless entry suddenly doesn't operate

'02 XLT with low miles. Just today the keyless entry system wouldn't lock or unlock the doors. Worked last week, didn't work today. Might I have accidentally deactivated the system by hitting some switch? Or the passenger? Or what other reason might the entry system not work, other then it's just broken. I had the credit card with the code in my hand, which I never changed, so it wasn't input wrong.

Any ideas?

Rick Bryan New York, NY

Reply to
Corwin, Prince of Amber

Low battery in fob? H

Reply to
Hairy

A low battery might affect the REMOTE keyless entry, but not the Keyless entry, which is obviously the problem he is having since he mentioned putting in the CODE. It would be good to test the remote keyless though, and see if IT works or not. that might help to pinpoint the problem.

Do the other functions work? I.E. when you press the last 2 buttons do the doors lock ? does the pad light up when you press the buttons ?

Do the power locks themselves work?

Check the fuses. There isn't really a "switch" that deactivates the system. Depending on the answers to the questions above, it could be a wire between the pad,and the Module, or it could be the module itself.

good luck

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

Yep...that went right over my head...sorry. H

Reply to
Hairy