Late model Explorer reliability?

I haven't posted or asked anything here in years but you guys have always came through for me. Anyway my wife is looking at a new 2004 XLT 4x4 4.0L. How is the overall reliabiltiy of the newer Explorers compared to the older ones? My '91 XLT 2wd now has 201K miles and is still running strong. Just curious if I can expect this type of reliability out of the newer designs if I give it the same type regular maintenance. I realize this type of question maybe impossible to answer. I did notice the sticker said Engine made in Germany and Transmission made in France. Thanks for the help, Craig

Reply to
Grateful

Thanks for all the help. Craig

Reply to
Grateful

I've got a 2002 Eddie with 33,000 miles. So far it's been very reliable.

Reply to
JaWise

Thank you JAWise. We went ahead and bought a new '04 XLT 4.0L V6 4x4. This one really looks nice, none of that gray plastic stuff on the bumpers or the bottom edge, it's all white. They had $4500 in rebates and saved almost $3K through X-Plan so we were happy, that brought it down to around $25K. Thanks again, Craig

Reply to
Grateful