LH sway-bar bolt 1998 Explorer URGENT UK OWNER

MR Haynes shows no picture. My antiroll bar long bolt has broke off at the head. I am trying to remove it but the bolt seems to be seized solid inside the tube i have had a pair of moles on the tube and a socket on the nut at the bottom, I am confused as the tube appears to be just a piece of plastic, it seems imposible the ammount of torque i have applied it will not come free. Is there some internal fittment or do i just have to destroy the plastic tube ? THANKS

Reply to
Bigusdickus

It's a long bolt through a metal tube. There should be a couple of shock absorber style rubber bushes on each end. The tube and bushes come complete with the new item. Attack the old one with an angle grinder or something to get it off. As you're in the UK I would recommend

(Phone: (01234) 273155). I got a 'Sway Bar Kit' (which is what you want) for less than £25 next day delivery - I ordered it at 5:15pm and it was delivered next morning. Good luck!

Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Sometimes the rubber gets stuck on those bolts so hard that's it's retarded trying to get them off. Angle grinder like the previous poster mentioned would work. Also, soak the shit out of the rubber with an oil-based WD40 like spray. ie Liquid Wrench.

Reply to
Jimmy the Hand