Location of amplifier?

I have a '96 Eddie Bauer Edition with the JBL sound system. I'm going to replace the radio and need to know where the amp is located.

Reply to
Jim Ryan

OK, I suspect the amp is in the rear cargo area behind the passenger side rear speaker. Does anybody know the best way to remove the panel back there without breaking any clips? I suspect there might be a subwoofer there as well. I smell a professional install coming...

All I want to do is put in a new head unit with a built in CD player instead of the changer.

Reply to
Jim Ryan

Reply to
barrythedude

Depending on the new radio you install you may not even have to bother bypassing the amp,Metra makes a wiring harness that uses RCA's instead of speaker wire, so if your new radio has front and rear RCA ouputs your all set.Otherwise your gonna have to take out the whole passenger side rear panel and bypass the amp, but you will also lose your sub this way.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Reply to
barrythedude

Well, went to Circuit City and bought a unit there. Free install, dropped it off, went to dinner, came back and it was done. They did bypass the sub, but my wife as happy they did, doesn't like the low, boomy sound of it. Thanks for all the input.

Reply to
jtpr