LOL! Hey, "Herb"---Honda is requesting blocked access to Alldata recalls. Shocking...

My sides are splitting---where's Herb?

Here's the window that pops up when you try to find recall information for Honda and Acura models from Alldata's site:

{ quoting here ->

IMPORTANT NOTICE The American Honda Motor Company, Inc. has requested ALLDATA restrict access to Acura and Honda repair information by individual consumers. You will unfortunately not be able to register for access to Acura or Honda vehicle repair information, technical service bulletins or recalls. We kindly request that all comments should be directed to: American Honda Motor Co., Inc. P. O. Box 2206

700 Van Ness Ave. Torrance, CA 90501

Honda: 800-999-1009 Acura: 800-382-2238 Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. close this window

Reply to
JonnyCab®

To be fair to Honda, I think they make decent vehicles. My Sister has owned two Hondas. The first was a 1980 Accord that was totaled in 1986 after around 80,000 miles. The car was reliable but not particaulry comfortable. I remember that if you drove over 60 mph the door frames would be sucked out and the car would sound like there was a jet engine mounted in the rear seat. When it was totaled (by a Mustang that drove away), the exhaust system was rotted out, it had rust holes in the body work, and used a quart of oil every thousand miles or so (but it still had the original tires). However, my Sister loved it becasue it alway ran and she never spent much money on it (of course the same was true of a 1992 Escort she owned). After owning a VW and an Escort, she purchased a Honda Civic in 1997. This vehicle was much better than the original Accord she owned. It is now over 6 years old and has about 80,000 miles. The only failures so far are bad plug wires and the muffler. I find the car noisy, cramped, and slow. It also has a cheap looking interior and the paint is coming off the bumpers. However, she likes it becasue it keeps on going. I expect her to drive it for at least another 3 years. Fortunately, rust is not much of a problem in our part of NC.

Ed

"J> > Fortunately, Honda still has to report recalls and TSBs to NHTSA. And as

Reply to
C. E. White