looking for help with a no spark on a 92 navajo

i have a 92 mazda navajo which was running fine then all of a sudden it wouldn't start i went through the normal checks and realised there was no spark gas was in the truck and the fuel pump is working i checked and/or replaced the ign coil , module ,crank sensor still no change i checked the timing chain and valves are still opening and closing any thoughts? anyone know how to check the ecm before i change it? much appricated mike

Reply to
icemike333

The only other thing I can think of, since it sounds like you checked everything else, would be low voltage due to a weak battery, bad connections, or a bad battery cable. I had a similar problem on my '97. The battery voltage seemed OK at the coil and it seemed to charge right up and the problem still existed even with the battery charger connected and the battery fully charged. One or two of the cells read a bit low after it was fully charged. Once I replaced the battery the problem disappeared.

Good luck.

Reply to
Ulysses

I had a "no start" problem on my '91 and it turned out to be corroded wiring that ran under/near the battery. Repaired the wiring and it's been fine ever since.

When you do find the cause, let us know.

Good Luck John Normile

Reply to
John Normile

update i got a computer from the junkyard installed it and the truck ran for about ten mins and stopped with no spark again i checked the fusable link at the ign and it was ok then i went through all the batt cable connections and they seemed fine thanks to everyone for the advice so tomorrow its back to the drawing board mike

Reply to
icemike333