Lose black cable coming from front differential

I have a black cable that came loose which is attached to the front differential. It looks like a cable you would attach your cable Television to.

Anyways, the end that is loose has a white plastic tip (I can't see what is inside).

On the end that is loose, there is a bit of oil/grease on it.

What is this , how much is involved in returning this to its normal housing? What if I don't fix it?

Thanks

Reply to
sp

It is a 96 2-dr Sport 4wd

Reply to
sp

I was told it is a vent for the differential, low risk. The clip just came off.

Reply to
sp

I'm not familiar with the '96 but they DO have vent tubes on differentials.

Reply to
Ulysses