Missing link for power window repair

Hi, I am having problems with my power windows in a '92 Explorer. Old posts reference a how-to-fix website put together by a Jeff Singleton. The site is no longer active. Does anyone know where it went? Or do you know of a good online guide?

The old link was:

jforn

Here's a link that should help you (and any others).

Charlie

The old link was:

Charlie Bress

CHarlie, no link appeared in your post Jojo

Reply to
jforn

There's a copy of what Jeff Singleton had around 2001 at

Mike Iglesias

snipped-for-privacy@draco.acs.uci.edu (Mike Iglesias) wrotenews:d234ee$7h7$1 @news.service.uci.edu:

Since that link to the pwr window doesn't work, I'll try to explain it a bit.

You buy the gear kit for about $17.00. Autozone/Chiefs.

You take off the panels etc and then you have to pop out the rivits that hold the motor in place.

You open up the motor, take out the old stripped plastic gears and save the inner metal one becuase the one in the kit won't fit.

You just use the outer plastic gears and install the original metal inner one into the assy.

Lube it up, reinstall and use some nuts and bolts you have around to hold the motor in the old popped-out rivit holes.

HTH

Reply to
Lt.Fuzz

The link should work now.