Mud flaps on `05 Explorer

I bought some mud flap (or splash guards) for my `05 Explorer this weekend at Cabelas because the dealship wanted $41 a pair and another $40 to install each pair. I though that was a bit much. But, it looks to be a harder job than I thought. The front fender does not have a lot to space to work with when looking for an attachment point, the rear looks a little better. I wanted them in the first place because the front rocker panel has taken a beating. I bought the PowerFlow mub flaps (

) and they seem nice. Has anyone installed their own mud flaps on a new Explorer without fender flares or running boards?

Reply to
Holmbrew

I think you made a mistake not buying the Ford Mud Flaps. I have purchased the Ford Mud Flaps for two vehicles and found them easy to install. They came with all the needed hardware and good directions. They were specifically designed for the intended application. The after market mud flaps I have seen tend to be one size fits all type things with sketchy instructions that depend on the installer being especially clever at rigging up work arounds.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Ed,

Yeah, I think you are correct. I will probably buy the Ford mud flaps when I go to pick up my truck this afternoon at the dealership and just return the ones I bought from Cabela's.

-Jas> "Holmbrew" wrote in

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...