Need Explorer Leather Seats

Evening folks,

Looking to replace the cloth seats in my 1997 Explorer, XLT with Leather Seats. Need 2 complete front seats and complete set of rear seats in any shade of gray or black.

I'm located in Rhode Island

Also, can anyone advise, can other year Explorer seats can be interchanged with my 1997 and still have the same design, have the same power seat electrical connections and will the mounting brackets fit properly?

So far I've checked with auto salvage yards within a 200 mile radius and no luck yet.

Any help locating appreciated!

Regards, Jack Kelly snipped-for-privacy@cox.net

Reply to
Jack Kelly

Ignoring his agents wishes,"Jack Kelly" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

ebay has several for auction.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

ebay has several for auction.

----------------------------------

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've already checked ebay and the grey leather seats which are offered have contrasting piping...in green or burgandy. Anyone know if grey leather seats are available without contrasting piping?

Jack

----------------------------------

interchanged

Reply to
Jack Kelly

are a little pricey but might just be what you're looking for.On Trucks broadcasted on "Spike TV" they installed similar covers amonth or two ago, they were installed on an Explorer around your year. Surprisingly they only have plastic long-style clips that hold thestock covers in place and they come right off, which exposes the foamand Velcro. Hope this helps, Joe

Reply to
Joe G.

Ignoring his agents wishes,"Jack Kelly" flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

hmm..I see several seats for sale in various colors and years. What search keywords did you use?

I just used "explorer seats".

Also there's guy named "recycleyard" you may be able to email directly. I've seen his name pop up a lot selling Explorer stuff, especially seats.

I'm personally looking for a power front passengers seat for my 03 XLT in tan but $$ is preventing me from doing that anytime in the near future.

BTW, anyone know if the requisite wiring is already there for such a hook up?

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

Yes, I know for a fact they are available as "all grey" cuz I have TWO of them myself !

keep on chuggin, you'll find them. I'm sure you have found out that wrecking yards are USELESS anymore!

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

I have emailed the ebay seller "recycleyard" in Pittsburgh (very helpful he is) and he had 2 sets of grey (one with green piping and 1 with burgandy)...but he lists the front seats in 1 auction and the matching rear seats in another auction and they just sold this evening to 2 seperate buyers...my fear about buying on ebay is that I may get either the front or the rear seats and loose out of the matching seats to another bidder who's willing to go more than the extra yard to get them. So all in all I'm a little shy about attempting to buy seats on ebay.

You'er right I'll keep plugging along and something will pop up locally.

Thanks everyone for you suggestions and help.

Jack

--------------------------------------

--------------------------------

Reply to
Jack Kelly

Now Joe that is a good lead. A bit pricy but at least they will all match and should be in top notch condition. But not sure I'd want to take on the job of installing them myself. I read through the installation instructions and one slip and I'll have enough grey leather to make a lot of shoe laces ;-)

Thanks for the lead,

Jack

Reply to
Jack Kelly

Well the only way the seats would be loose is if you don't tighten them down!

but you should bid accordingly to make sure you don't LOSE to another bidder ;)

Reply to
Chief Wiggum