Need help! 96 v6 trans. questions....

My 96 XLT with auto trans and about 175000 suddenly experienced shifting problems last Tuesday. My "O/D" light began blinking, so I pulled off the road and turned the car off. My book said doing this would put the switch back to the default "on" position, so I started up and drove off. The car didn't want to leave first gear, and soon the "check engine" light came on. I stopped at a store and checked my fluid, which was full, and plugged in my cheap little code reader. It gave me a code, but I didn't have my book to see what it was. I made it to work, but that same day called a trans shop and had it towed to their location. Their diagnosis was that I'd basically lost all but 2nd gear, and my torque converter had broken, contaminating much of the internals (my words, not theirs). So, four days and a lot of dollars later, I have a rebuilt transmission. I'd barely left the shop (within .5 miles) when it began acting up again. The "O/D" light blinked again, and I tried to get back to the shop but they'd already closed for the day. All I could do now was come home, and I put the code reader on again. This is what I got:

PO756 (Solenoid B CKT performance or stuck off) PO761 (Solenoid C CKT performance or stuck off)

These descriptions are exactly taken from the booklet my code reader came with. I already know I must return to the shop on Monday to get this straightened out, but in the meantime can ANYONE help shed some light on what might be wrong? I hate to think I wasted a lot of money on something for nothing.

I've never had any trans-related problems before, and this problem just came out of nowhere. If answering any questions about my problem will help you to offer me advice, I'd do my best to provide the extra details.

Thanks to anyone who offers help, and I hope to have this issue corrected soon.

Randy

We're living in a world that's been pulled over our eyes to blind us from the truth. Where are you, white rabbit?

Reply to
Randy Pavatte