New heater valve still leaking

I discovered a leak in the heater valve in my 1995 Explorer during a radiator flush. It was leaking from the lever that operates the heater valve. I replaced it with a new valve from NAPA. The new one leaks worse than the original one. Is this just a bad valve or is there something that is causing it to leak such as a blocked hose?

Reply to
Patrick

I know of many shops.... they use parts where they can get their highest profit margin...... I know of many other shops that come highly recommended and they insist on OEM parts.... yeah, I know they cost more but we usually get what we pay for.

These valves are not supposed to leak.... period.... The only reason for them to leak is poor seal at the shaft...

snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net

Reply to
Jim Warman