New Pads and Rotors

My 67,000 mile 2003 Mountaineer needs pads and rotors. What should I get? I keep hearing that aftermarket rotors are dirt cheap, yet I wonder about quality.

Reply to
Daniel David Palmer

I'm surprised you need them so soon, with my 98 I just did the brakes (pads only, rotors were fine) last year and it had 90,000 miles. Pretty sure it uses the same brake design as yours but maybe not (all 4 disk brakes).

I used Wagner ThermoQuiet pads and they seem fine - no noise or fade, can't say anything about wear yet. Why do you need new rotors - are they badly scarred or uneven? If so I'd check to make sure you don't have a sticking caliper.

Reply to
Al Williams

I recently replace pads on my 2000 with 86K. Still had about 20% on original pads

I used the Wagners also. They have lifetime warranty.

I used Wagner ThermoQuiet pads and they seem fine - no noise or fade, can't say anything about wear yet. Why do you need new rotors - are they badly scarred or uneven? If so I'd check to make sure you don't have a sticking caliper.

Reply to
newman

Because I live in Pittsburgh. This will be the 3rd set of pads. Normal around here is about 20-25K.

Reply to
Daniel David Palmer

Lifetime warranty on pads means that they wear the rotors instead.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Reply to
Rush

FYI- I did not post this!

How does someone post using my ID?

Adam, Jesus Christ.

If you are united to God, it is by grace, not by nature. If you are humbled, it is by penitence, not by nature.

Thus this double capacity...

You are not in the state of your creation.

As these two states are open, it is impossible for you not to recognise them. Follow your own feelings, observe yourselves, and see if you do not find the lively characteristics of these two natures. Could so many contradictions be found in a simple subject?

Incomprehensible. Not all that is incomprehensible ceases to exist. Infinite number. An infinite space equal to a finite.

Incredible that God should unite Himself to us. This consideration is drawn only from the sight of our vileness. But if you are quite sincere over it, follow it as far as I have done and recognise that we are indeed so vile that we are incapable in ourselves of knowi

Reply to
newman

It is a trivial matter for someone to "harvest" valid post headers, assign some parts of them ot "flood" items, and dump them to random newsgroups. My "name" has also been used.

David A. Smith

Reply to
dlzc

Mine also........

Just delete it and move on,I guess!

It is a trivial matter for someone to "harvest" valid post headers, assign some parts of them ot "flood" items, and dump them to random newsgroups. My "name" has also been used.

David A. Smith

Reply to
Plano Bill