New Shocks and Air-Ride Question

On the weekend, I had a garage replace my factory shocks with Monroe Reflex (97 Explorer Limited). I immediately noticed the "floating on air" feeling had left the truck which was great.

A couple of questions for you:

a) I can leave the air ride system on an no error is reported in the computer??? When I leave it on, the compressor seems to work a lot so I've turned it off for now. Should I put in on or off?

b) After the shocks were installed, I immediately thought I was sitting forward in my seat. I suspect the rear is higher for some reason??? Air Ride problem or otherwise I'm not sure what to do on this one.

I really think the ride quality has improved so I'm happy but I'm wondering if anyone else has replaced the air ride system with standard shocks and how they felt afterwards.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Since (with the Monroe replacement shocks) you no longer have the air bladders - ergo, no air suspension, you can leave the switch in the off position.

For the droopy front end, you might have a competent alignment shop adjust your torsion bars and realign the front end (very important). Be aware that the car is now permanently in the "kneeling" position and there's just not much to be done about it....

Jim Warman