No Heat

I have a 95 Explorer Eddie Baurer and I have no heat. It has the climate control. I replaced the thermostat and upper radiator hose. I also flushed the heater core. Now the guage just barely moves off the cold position. I am getting heat to the heater core, but it just blows cold air. I also had to replace the EGR vacum sensor.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
rdome43417

One possibility is the blend door insude the blower plenum behind the glovebox. There is a servo motor control on top of the plastic air handler plenum box. A b**** to get the control out due to a mounting screw on the back side. You can remove the control and with the system running watch the output lug rotate when you change temperature settings. If the control is bad replace it. If the control works then check the mating socket on the blend door. I suspect it is broken; that the servo motor is unable to open the door and allow airflow across the heater core. (my door is broken and I have yet to tear into the system. Plan to do so in the next couple weeks as cold weather is beginning.) The trick to removing the rear screw on the servo is to pop the trim at the base of the windshield and use a long extension to go down to the screw guiding the socket with your fingers at the screw head which you can feel with finger tips. Toss the screw for reassembly as it isn't necessary the way the control mounts to the plenum the two screws on the glovebox side are adequate.

Reply to
Fleneer

Sounds like new thermostat is stuck open... 'tis a bummer but it happens.

Reply to
Roadie

Reply to
Rick

I am interested in this as well, I have a 96 and it has the same problem, has ever since I owned it. Have to dress warm on cold days, now the blower is not working............

Reply to
noone cares