No limited slip in 2006?

I don't see a limited slip rear axle listed as an option on the 2006 Explorer. Only non-limited slips listed. Have they done away with this and are non effectively getting limited slip with the magic of differential braking, sorta like traction control?

Reply to
HerkyJerky

AdvanceTrac® w/Roll Stability ControlT, 4-Wheel w/ABS is standard, and I suspect limited slip interferes with the Roll Stability Control and has hterefore been dropped. A good traction control system should be better than a limitied slip, but so far I haven't had the pleasure of driving a vehicle with a good traction control system.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Reply to
Big Shoe

I looked at the ordering guide for a 2005 Explorer and it claims limited slip wasn't available in 2005 either (see

). Are you sure you have limited slip? The '04 ordering guide lists the limited slip as an option, but not with Advance Trac. Advance Trac with Stability Control was made standard for the 2005 model year, the same as for 2006. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Reply to
Big Shoe

I can certainly see why you might drop it from a design standpoint, if you have traction control already available. This stability/rollover/traction control thing must be one nightmare of a control system to model and implement. Not having the clutch-pack action as a variable might simplify things slightly. Its also cheaper.

Thanks.

Reply to
HerkyJerky