Not an explorer question

Sorry but haven't gotten any feedback from any other sites. 99 Ranger airbag light flashes 2 times then 7 time upon startup goes through the cycle 3 time then light stays on until shut down. Again sorry for the question but this is driving me crazy.

Reply to
Haze

The lamp flashes indicate a concern with the passenger air bag warning lamp and associated circuitry. A capable scan tool might display either code B1884 or B1890..... diagnostics for each code are different.

I would caution against performing repairs on your own airbag system if you have no real world familiarity with the system. While there is a better than average chance that your choice of mechanics isn't well versed in Supplemental Restraint Systems, it is much more fun to have the airbag accidentally deploy in his face than it is to have it deploy in your face.

I fail to understand how this could "drive you crazy"...... I can suggest researching how to use search engines and/or availing ones-self of their public library.... there are many resources out there....... one might also find a decent tech.... (notice I didn't say cheap - mostly because cheap, ain't....). When it comes to our cars..... those misguided missiles that can kill us in a heartbeat, we shop price, rarely ask for a second opinion or, just as often, pray that the problem will just go away....

Anyway, I digress..... don't go crazy, it is much easier to have someone poll your RCM for codes and follow the pinpoint test procedure. Just be thankful your problem isn't an intermittent......

airbag light flashes 2 times then 7 time upon startup goes through the cycle

3 time then light stays on until shut down. Again sorry for the question but this is driving me crazy. >
Reply to
Jim Warman