Not the blend door

My '97 Explorer V8 has developed an interesting problem. Anytime the fan is on, the A/C is running -- no matter what setting the knob is turned to. I can still control temperature, so this is not the notorious blend door, but as you'd imagine, fuel mileage is down.

I'm guessing a bad switch behind the knob. Has anybody encountered this problem? Gracias.

Reply to
Mags

Any time that air is blowing on glass, the AC is used to dehumidify the air..... There are very few settings on the heater quadrant that avoid air on glass.

Reply to
Jim Warman