O/D switch on 1996

My O/d switch has been on the fritz for a while now and I was just playing with it and noticed that it seems to work when the tilt steering is fully released with the steering wheel at its highest point. When I slam it down into the lowest point, drive mode for me, it doesn't seem to work. What is the problem? Any suggestions?

Reply to
MD

It's relatively common to find the pigtail coming from the shift lever frayed or broken either in the area where it flexes for the tilt action or where it exits the lever. The repair will likely be a new shift lever. These come sans bezel and switch and care will be needed to avoid breaking the tangs off the switch bezel when transferring the parts.

The wires are very fine and any repair attempts will probably result in very early repeat failure.

Reply to
Jim Warman