OD LIGHT FLASHING

I just purchased a 98 explorer xlt for my son. it has high miles bu seems to run good. I had to replace the alternator as soon as i got it and now th OD light is flashing. This happened just prior to me replacing the alternator last week. Is anyone else having troubles with this vehicle? Could this be a sign for bigger problems ie: transmission? any input would be helpful.

Reply to
fshgod

The O/D flashing is an indication of transmission trouble of some sort. Could be minor, or could be major - no way to tell without at least pulling the codes.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

[...]

Is that the only symptom, or is it shifting poorly, too? If it's shifting poorly, it could be this:

Greg

Reply to
Greg Berchin

Thanks to all i will take it in and have the codes checked out.

Reply to
fshgod