Oil Pressure gauge...

Just noticed in wife's 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0 OHC. Her oil pressure gauge needle somehow jumped to below the resting stop pin. So when you turn it off the needle points straight down and when you start up it springs up to peg at the needle stop. Now how could that happen??? Don't 4 wheel with the family wagon, perhaps the needle spun around counter clockwise??? Anyone encounter this? Not sure how hard it is to pull the panel clear plastic to try and place the needle in the correct stopped position. Oil pressure is just fine, engine works just fine. We had a problem a year ago where we replaced the sending unit which would stick til it warmed up then the needle would stay at the resting pin then would spring up to the middle once unstuck.. Not a critical problem as I know it's indicating oil pressure as the gauge is kind of a dummy gauge anyways, either there is or isn't oil pressure, kind of miss the plain warning light....

Greg