open door beeper beeps witn out keys in the ignition

Its a 2000 ford explorer. The beeper that clangs when you open the door with your keys in the ignition beeps even with out keys in the ignition. I suspect it is a door switch, but I don't have a clue how to either verify that or find it or replace it.

I would be fine with just unpluging the beeper before it drives me stark raving insane!

any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
hackerjax

Just to make sure..... you're sure it isn't the "you left your headlights on and a door is open" beeper?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Moorman

Thanks for the reply, Yes I wish it was that easy. I have had two different shops look at it and cower away because its electrical. It shouldn't be a big deal, I just can't figure out where the damm thing is! I have looked under the dash and I hear it but can't find it. When I unplug the fuse for it, it takes down my automatic windows.

Reply to
hackerjax

Reply to
brad