Opinions needed on vibration when turning my ford explorer 2002

Hello all,

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer with 52,000 miles in it. It has the 4.0 v6, the towing package and automatic 4x4.

When I make a turn to the right or left at slow speeds there is a substantial vibration when accelerating. If I make the same turn without accelerating there is no (or very little) vibration. It only happens when the turn is more than a few degrees. Turns made at any substantial speeds do not cause this vibration, I suspect because I never turn sharply when at high speeds.

Examples of when it is felt Turning at an intersection. (with acceleration) Pulling out of a parking space accelerating on entrance/exit ramps.

Before you suggest it. I am NOT turning too sharply. These are normal turns. In fact if I turn very sharply there is NO vibration.

I am not a mechanic and just do not want to get ripped off. Any suggestions what type of mechanic I should take it to? General, Transmission, Dealer, etc?

Any suggestions on the cause of this issue?

Thanks Brad

Reply to
bhennon

Tires? Mine did that for a while with new tires.

Dave

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Dave

Thanks

I did just get new tires but it also happened with the old set

Reply to
Brad

could be clutch chatter in the rear diff.

Had the rear diff serviced and forgot to put friction modifier in it????????

Reply to
johanb

My '92 did that when the rear diff fluid was low. New oil and friction modifier and it's fine now.

Reply to
Ulysses