OT: Getting rid of white lettering on tires

I love my blackwalls on my new tires. But, I wanted a full-face black tire, no white lettering. Sadly they didn't have any without special ordering. But, they could turn them around when mounting them so the letters would be on the under-inside of the vehicle. So, that's what I had them do.

Now, walking up to my vehicle, I can see the letters (never really tried to pay attention). I'm wanting to just cover those up, so I want to take off the tires and hide the lettering.

What would you recommend I do? Would a black permanent marker (like a sharpie) work ok? Or is there some other method of staining them black that you would suggest?

Thanks!

Reply to
Tim

Maybe try some liquid black shoe polish or dye.

Mark McCoy McCoy's Market Bumpus Mills, Tennessee

MMccoy01

black paint?

Reply to
Zilla

dont take them off, just crawl under and use some sandpaper on em.

Reply to
raticus

Reply to
Big Shoe

If these tires are like other RWL tires, that'll take a lot of sanding; the white rubber is embedded in the sidewall.

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill

white rubber eh? better tell the tire companies to stop painting them then

Reply to
raticus

You must buy your tires at the Dollar Store. None of my tires have had painted on white letters. H

Reply to
Hairy

So the paint rubs off your tires? Maybe if you bought them somewhere besides "Nick's Used Tire and Nail Salon". :-)

Yes, for most tires, sidewalls and RWLs are indeed white rubber embedded in the sidewall.

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill

LOL!

I always wondered who bought those "tire lettering sticks" that JC Whitney sold !!

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum