out of line doors

I noticed that my doors arent closing right-And I actually have to slam them really hard in order for them to stay shut-The pins on my doors seem like theyre too small-How hard is it to change them?(both front doors)

Reply to
mackrice

I bought replacement hinge pins and bushings for about $10 each door("Help!" brand for Ford pickups works on the explorer). Replacing them is not real hard but can be tricky to do without removing the door from the vehicle. I used a small die grinder to grind the heads off the old pins then was able to drive the old pins out, remove the half of the hinge that contains the bushings, install the new bushings, then reassembled in reverse order to taking them out. There are other ways to do it also if you do a search. My doors close with one finger now. Grease the new ones as you put them in and they'll last a long time.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
mackrice via CarKB.com