Overdrive off warning light flashing

My "overdrive off" warning light started flashing rapidly. It stops when I turn the engine off and restart it, but the light starts flashing again after driving a short distance. Any clues as to what is causing this?

The overdrive IS working. I can feel it shift into and out of overdrive when I push the OD button while on the highway.

Mark

2002 Explorer
Reply to
Mark Berger

If it is flashing erratically, change the switch. If it is flashing a stedy pattern, you might read a code from the flashes but the best bet is a code scan.

Reply to
Jim Warman