P1400 code, 02 Explorer

The Service Engine Soon light came on and I checked the code and code P1400 was displayed. After a bit of research I found that usually means the DPFE sensor is bad and since it was only $35 and an easy replacement I swapped out the part, following the procedure in the Haynes repair manual.

I reset the code and it stayed off for 3 days / 300 miles and then it came back on.

What else should I look at?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Does it set P1400 when you pull it again? Did you disconnect the negative battery cable for +/- 1/2 hour?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Yep, P1400 again immediately after resetting it. I disconnected the negative battery cable during the repair but haven't tried it since then. Will give that a try Saturday morning.

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

I disconnected the negative battery cable for 1 hour yesterday and after running a few errands the Service Engine Soon light came back one.

Any more ideas?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Jim

Have you taken the EGR system apart to clean it out and inspect the parts ? There is a good chance that you have a plugged up EGR tube.

Reply to
Steve Sigman

No, will look at that this weekend - thanks,

Jim

Reply to
Jim