PICS: New 1994 Ford Explorer Limited - start of new project

Well, got rid of the 1993 and I have seemed to picked up a sligh "Explorer" bug now and went and picked up a 1994 For Explorer Limited with the Green/Teal comb

I've decided to undertake this one as a project called "The Wha

Could Have Been" projec

Basically the plan is to restore a great portion of this truck back t

like new condition and also improve on where the Ford Engineers an design team left off

Some early brainstorming has resulted in these future change

  1. Complete repaint (same colors using premium paint and factory stri

kit) of the entire exterior including all body work

  1. Remove entire interior, insulate with dynamat. Using top grad

premium leather, recover seats using original stitching pattern wit Black/Grey Inserts with Teal piping. Dash to be covered in stitche leather with black/gray scheme. Door panels revised with black gre leather. All carpet removed and either cleaned/restored/possibl recolor or re-carpet using the same type of material custom made? All plastic either dyed or covered in leather

  1. 2nd gen console with navigation unit placed where old trip scree

wa

  1. Upgrade suspension

  1. Convert popup sunroof to moonroo

These are just some of the ideas and would love to hear other'

comments, suggestions, gripes, etc. Also if anyone has any insight t some of the ideas the design team might have had on the board but the were never implemented that we could do with this truck. Of course, w will post our progress as it moves alon

So far only changes have been addition of Flowmaster muffler an

chrome tip and Firestone Destination AT tires in stock size

View the attachments for this post at:

Spanks