Power antenna 'drive chain' replacement

The 'drive chain' on my antenna is broken. Part of it is still in the motor and doesn't move when the motor is running. Is there a way to get to and open the motor to remove the broken part without removing the motor?

TIA, Dave

Reply to
Davenandee

If you remove the top of the assembly, the motor won't just spit it out for you? This was the way you replaced the mast and drive lead on my old Sable, but things may be different now.

Ed

Davenandee wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White

It broke too low. I took out 3 screws and 2 bolts and moved the inner plastic panel out of the way. I then took off the top bolt and the bottom 8mm bolt on the power antenna unit. I then was able to put it in my hand. About 6 screws holding the motor housing together and I was able to remove the chain/track. Put it all back together and all is well!

Oops, first remove the rt front wheel! (a jack helps here )

Dave

C. E. White wrote:

Reply to
Davenandee