Power Lumbar not wotking

I have a 1996 XLT V8. The driver's side power lumbar has quit woking. The passenger side still works fine and holds air for days.

What goes wrong with this system? I can hear the pump running but doesn't pump up the support. Can't find any info on this.

Thanks

Reply to
jay1028

The system has the switch (combined electric and air valve), some hoses, pump, and the air bladder. It could be any of those. To get to it all you will probably need to pull the seat out and take the upholstery off if memory serves. To just check the switch you only need to take the side cover off.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

UPDATE

Took seat apart and found bag was split at seams. Got new one on ebay for $25. Now all is good again.

Reply to
jay1028

Thanks for posting your results. I have a '91 Explorer with a leaking lumbar so now i have a clue what to look for :-D

Reply to
Ulysses