Power steering in 97 Limited

Hey guys,

I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I'm throwing this out to try and get some ideas. During the past month or so, now that its cold here in New England, when I first start the truck the power steering doesn't seem to work well, its very hard to turn the wheel at low speeds. Well after the storm we had over the weekend the power steering doesn't work at all, even after an hour of driving. I checked for leaks from the lines and didn't see any and the level in the reservoir is fine. I also poked around underneath and removed any snow and ice I saw around the rack.

Any ideas what the problem could be?

I can only think of two possible problems. 1) There is water in the fluid which is freezing in the cold weather. 2) There is a clog somewhere (but not necessarily water).

Any other guesses?

Thanks for the help, Dave Earle

Reply to
David Earle

your rack is pooched. On the plus side it is quite easy to replace.

Reply to
barrythedude - remove yer HAT and COAT to reply