power windows, 4WD lites - need relay

My '95 Limited is having problems where sometimes when I start it up, none of the power windows will work, and the 4WD and 4WD LO lights blink periodically.

I understand from some posts a few years back that for some people, this has been fixed by replacing a relay, part number F0AZ14N089A.

Does anyone have a source for this relay? I just checked a couple of online parts places, no luck. (I haven't tried contacting the dealer yet.)

Also, does anyone know anything more about this problem? (It just seems so weird that there would be any relationship between these two phenomena, but I've seen a lot of posts from people with the same problem...)

Thanks!

Reply to
Walter Harley

Walt,

I had to replace m> My '95 Limited is having problems where sometimes when I start it up, none

Reply to
Ted

Okay, I found the relay panel. But there are about a half dozen relays there, with no evident markings as to position or function.

Do you know how to tell which one it is?

Thanks!

Reply to
Walter Harley

Answer> It's located to the right of the steering column, under the dash (real

The panel is about 3" x 5" and has a cover that pops off to expose the relays.

Of the six or so relays on that panel, the others are all the same size as each other but this one is a bit bigger. The others all have pin numbers

1 - 5 marked on them; this one has numbers like 86 and 87.

The replacement cost about $10 at the local Big Wheel Auto Parts. Seems to have solved the problem, although since the problem is intermittent I won't be sure for a while.

Reply to
Walter Harley