problem with crown molding ending at open wall

This is going to be kind of hard to describe so bear with me. I'll try to post pics later. I recently renovated my kitchen and I started to install the crown molding on top of the cabinets(they are not going to the ceiling). One wall has wall cabinets and the last cabinet is a 45 degree cabinet that ends with the wall . Past this wall is my DR and LR. Here is the problem. the last 45 degree cabinet ends about 1" away from the end of the wall. When I put up the crown, it sticks out past the wall. It looks good if standing in front of it in the DR, but when you look at it from the LR on the other side, all you see is this piece of crown sticking out past the wall and it looks ugly. I thought about putting a return, but it would not look right on top of the cabinet. I would basically have to cut the top molding about 3" shorter then do a return and it would not look good. The only way it looks good if I cut the end of the molding straight ( no 45 at the wall). The molding does not stick out past the wall if I do this. Anyone ever run into this before and how you dealt with it?

Reply to
Mikepier

Sounds good to me, but my Explorer is not equipped with crown molding. Sounds like you need to bevel the top of the crown molding down to be flush with your LR wall.

Reply to
Big Shoe

There is quite a lot of room in my Explorer, especially with the seats folded down. Where can I get one of these kitchen kits? Never seen one before but it sounds a great idea for those long journeys!

Reply to
Simon H

I knew Ford left off a piece of trim from my V8 Explorer. It goes at the back of my engine so that there would be no possible way to get to my ERG or PCV. Ford messed up and left just enough room for someone with small hands to reach these devices. I paid over $25k and Ford couldn't even include a piece of trim...

Reply to
To Arms!!

Don't know how this got in here, but I didn't send it. Someone must have highjacked my handle. To Arms!!

Reply to
To Arms!!

You've replied to multiple newsgroups with this. The original was posted by a clown who is trying to disrupt groups and in particular news.admin.net-abuse.email by forging handles. The best you can do is to ignore them and not cross post on replies.

Thane

Reply to
Thane