Problem with my 2000 Explorer Sport

I have a 200 Explorer Sport with 89,000KM on it and it's been running a little sluggish lately. When I accelarate at low speeds, the engine doesn't respond imeediately, instead it seems to hang and once I accelarate even more the engine seems to respond and get more power and then the vehicle runs smoothly again. It seems that it's a lack of power or lack of fuel going into the engine. Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also just had to change the alternator as it gave up on me. Thanks!

Dan

Reply to
Dan