"Pull-Down" Cargo "Shade" for 1999 Explorer

I've seen these on a number of SUV's and wagons and would like to install one on my base 1999 Explorer. Anyone know if these are available from Ford or an aftermarket source? Thanks ... RL

Reply to
Right Lane

The one I bought for my 2000 Sport runs horizontally, just below the window. It spring clips right into the two holes just behind the rear seat and latches in the grooves at the back door. Works just like a blind by winding itself up when not in use. Quick to remove to fold the seats down.

It wasn't cheap ... $140 Canadian, from my Ford dealer. But, I think it was well worth it. There was a choice of the two different interior colours.

Hope this helps! Gord

- -

Remove the first 'g' prior to sending any email

Reply to
Gord Webster

I'm sure Ford has it but it won't be cheap. Maybe try a wreckers?

Reply to
Al Williams

I've seen them on Fleabay before... In fact, I sold mine there last year :)

Reply to
Chief_Wiggum

The local dealer ordered one for just over $100 (USD). Thanks for the advice!

Reply to
Right Lane

Try JC Whitney...they tend to carry a lot of "stuff" like that.

Reply to
John R

I've seen them a few times on eBay...

Remove my pants to reply.....