Question regarding paid off vehicle/lien release

Apologies for being off topic but I thought someone may have run into this problem I'm currently having. I paid off my Explorer last February and have yet to receive the lien release or clear title from Chase Bank. I've made numerous phone calls to them over the last 8 months with no luck. Does anyone know which state agency or department has jurisdiction over a problem like this. I'm trying to find out who I can complain to or how I can light a fire under Chase's butt. I live In Arizona.

TIA for any help or advice.

Reply to
Justa Dawg

Did you receive a lien release from the bank when you paid off your note? If so, take the release form along with your original title to the Department of Motor Vehicles in your state.

The DMV will print a clear title for a fee. Most likely the bank will not reimburse you for this fee, since they already sent you the release form. As long as you keep the release form with the original title there is no reason to have a clear title created. The laws vary from state to state, so you may want to check with your local DMV to confirm this.

Good luck,

Steven

Justa Dawg wrote:

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

Damn, did you even read his post?

Reply to
Hairy

No, that's the problem. I've contacted both DVM and the State Attorney General's office to see who has jurisdiction.

Reply to
Justa Dawg

:)

Reply to
Justa Dawg

It may cost you, but I would think you could go get a dup title from the DMV and then take it to the bank and have them sign it showing the lein has been released.

This has got to happen quite often, as many titles as banks hold and as many times as banks change ownership. DW's car loan was sold twice...... we got the title no problem, AFTER I called them and reminded them to send it.

Good Luck,

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry Pierce

Sorry, I misread your inquiry.

Steven

Reply to
Steven Hilgendorf

No problem, we're all human. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Reply to
Justa Dawg