RDS on 2002 Explorer Funny

I've got the 6 disc with RDS on my 2002 EB. Anyone else notice the RDS is basically worthless? It will give you the song name and artist if the station provides it. But when the next song comes on it doesn't update the information until you referesh the display by changing the volume or hitting some other button. I have been in Dodges and GM's that know how to update. What is the story with Ford RDS?? "Stay away from the star destroyer, but don't look like your staying away from it."

"AARRFF!"

"I don't know, fly casual"

Jason Wiseman email: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com WWW home page:

JaWise

I have the radio with RDS and a single Disc player. The RDS works just fine, not many stations here in Southern Calif using it, but it works well on the ones that have it, also in Las Vegas, Nv.

Reply to
Dr. Rastis Fafoofnik

Yup, I noticed it the other day when my son was here. Annoying, isn't it? Fortunately I don't have much use for the RDS anyway ...

Bill Jeffrey

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey