Re: 1994 Explorer: Rear brake-line pin-hole leak repair?

While this is repairable, it is inconvenient and time consuming.... there is a hole in the tubing and this tubing involves brakes... The entire length of tubing is now suspect and should be replaced. Additionally, all the other lines under the car should be carefully inspected for corrosion and replaced if warranted...

For a vehicle this old, there will be no direct replacement items available but there are "form in place" tubing sections on the market....

Why, in Gods name, did you invest money in a vehicle (when your level of knowledge is quite apparent) without having it inspected by a reputable shop????

"There's one born every minute..." - P.T. Barnum...

Reply to
Jim Warman

HA HA!

You don't know how ironic your Barnum signature is: I live outside of Bridgeport, Connecticut, and durring my first "owner" drive, I took a lesiurely cruise through the graveyard there (as I'm wont to do) where old P.T. is burried. I actually drove past his grave yeasterday! He was probably rolling in it as I went by.

Thanks for your input, Jim. Actually, I spent relatively little for an Explorer that is generally in very good shape (other than that freaking brake-line). I will need to look into a form-in-place option, and expect that I could fo this myself. In the meantime, I've isolated the rear section from the rest of the system at the ABS unit. I won't describe how, as it's very embarassing.

Reply to
kihoshk

Does it involve a nail???

Reply to
Jim Warman

Oh MAN! That's spooky! And here I was proud of myself for "inventing" it. I suppose it's still patentable; I used a little bit of bicycle-tire rubber too.

Reply to
kihoshk

After this many years in the business, I can honestly say that I have seen a lot of things.... At the same time, I haven't seen "everything"... realizing that makes a lot of difference...

Reply to
Jim Warman