Re: 2002 Keyless Entry

The owner's manual says (p 124) "the factory-set code is located: one the owner's wallet card in the glove compartment taped to the computer module or, at your dealer.

You can use a personal entry code, but the first step in programming that feature is to enter the factory-set sequence.

Reply to
Larry Rader

The owner's manual says (p 124):

"The factory-set code is located: on the owner's wallet card in the glove box taped to the computer module or at your dealer."

Reply to
Larry Rader

That is the problem. It is not on the Computer Module. If anyone in an XLT

2002 has found it on the module, please let me know.

Reply to
BrianH

As was previously pointed out, Ford changed the type of keyless entry module used part way through the 2002 build. Both the service manual and the owner's guide indicate that the code is still on the module. However, it has been claimed that it is not actually on the newer modules. Has anyone been able to confirm this?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Central Security Module appears to be located in the right quarterpanel just behind the rear door...... before I wish you good luck, I need to reassure you that the guy that wrote the manual is NOT the guy that built the module.

BTW... you are starting to get snippy with folks that don't get paid for you to get snippy with....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Early 2002 Explorers still used the Central Security Module over the rear wheel which you supposedly can see by looking through the jack door (with a suitable flashlight). Later build 2002s used the Body Security Module which is in a different location (right side behind the second row seats in the C pillar area). Did you check in this location as well?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

If this is snippy, "That is the problem. It is not on the Computer Module. If anyone in an XLT 2002 has found it on the module, please let me know." ... you are very very touchy.

Found a friend of a friend who worked at a dealer, long story short, on the wiring harness on my model, next to the fuse panel, is a number on a sticker that has numbers and letters, in the middle of the string is a 5 digit number, he wrote down that number, went in the shop and came back with another that worked, so I'm good now.

Seems to be more than one way to skin a cat. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Reply to
BrianH