Re: - DSCF4399.JPG (2/2) Spare Trans Part

Two, no, make that three suggestions.... Google "post pictures to newsgroups".... You should find something that will work for you...

Second.... make sure that someone isn't going to shit on you for posting a binary in a text only NG.

Third... throw the little plastic piece away.... Think "dipstick hole"... think "keep dirt out of the tranny during shipping".... think "assembly line worker stabbed dipstick tube in tranny without removing plastic piece"...

FWIW, it is much more fun when a customer carries one into the shop off the street.... I have "the act" down perfectly.... I let these guys crap their pants long enough before actually taking the part from their hands and tossing it in the garbage can.... The other guys in the shop love it....

Reply to
Jim Warman

All the shop manuals that I have seen always said under 'transmission service': "If this is the first time the transmission is being serviced, discard the dipstick plug". Reading before acting will keep your pants clean...

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Oh, one more thing: If you find that plug in the transmission pan of your newly purchased pride and joy with 'only' 100,000 miles, you know what kind of loving care the previous owner bestowed upon it. Happened to me more than once (albeit it was less than 100,000 miles)

Reply to
Happy Traveler