Re: Tire Pressure

I just purchased an '04 Eddie Bauer 4 x 4. The door sticker say 35 front and

35 rear. Maybe the tech knew what he was talk> A search for TSBs revealed nothing for late Explorers as far as updated tire
pressures is concerned. Any that I service leave the door with 30 front - 35 > rear. I run my 92 with 35/35 but that is a personal preference/driving style > thing. I don't recall seeing any SSMs, either. > > The extra 5 psi isn't likely to hurt anything but many don't like the > slightly stiffer ride or extra noise over tar seams. > > HTH > > Jim Warman > snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net > > > My 03 4WD has a label inside the fuel filler door that states that the > > correct tire pressure is 30 front and 35 rear. I have been very careful > > about ensuring that my pressures are correct. > > > > At my 20K oil change and tire rotation yesterday, the tech told me that > the > > correct tire pressure for a 4WD is 35 all around. He mentioned that Ford > > implemented that change several months ago. > > > > What I don't understand is that with all of the press around Explorers and > > tire pressure, why hasn't Ford notified owners and sent out replacement > > stickers for the tire pressure values inside the fuel filler door? > > > >
Reply to
Dan