Rear shock absorbers and self levelling suspension

The ride on my well serviced 1998 Explorer has become extremely harsh. The car has 60,000 and no known faults. The suspension light is not on. Has anyone the schematics for the self levelling and rear shock absorbers? Can anyone suggest a fault tracing strategy?

Many thanks,

Neill.

Reply to
Neill

Neill, where are you in the UK. I have a bunch of rear suspension stuff of a '98 Explorer - compressor, shockers, pipes, valves, ride height sensor, etc. They are not for sale (yet) but if you happen to be anywhere near Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire you are welcome to try swapping a few parts with yours to aid diagnosis.

Cheers, Simon H

Reply to
Simon H

Hi Simon,

I'm at Windermere. I need to check out a few things bit you are obviously ahead of me in this! I'll be back in touch,

Neill.

Reply to
Neill