recomendations for a remote starter

I'm picking up a 2003 XLT this week and want to have a remote starter installed. I'm having Ford install a Lojack but other than that it's coming with the standard security system.

I'm only interested in the remote start capabilities.

Any recomendation on which product to use?

Thanks

Reply to
Steven

We only use DEI/Clifford in my shop.In my opinion they are the best

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Ford dealers in my area (N Chicago burbs) are offering remote start only systems for $400 installed. You get new keyfobs but retain the use of keypad on door and rear hatch open. Plus lifetime warranty. One dealer even gives you a free rental car to drive while they install(Arlington Heights ford).

For more money you get the alarm plus remote start. However you loose the use of your keypad. But you can add in the toys like windows rollup modules.

Reply to
JaWise

The shop I'm looking at to do this work is recommending a Viper 150 ESP. Installed for $280. That includes a $40 fee for having to use an extra ignition key "box". The new remote will control the door locks but I'd have to carry the old remote if I wanted to activate the locate/horn or the back hatch.

Does this sound reasonable to you?

Thanks for your help, Steve

Oh, in the stupid question category, I have a lojack installed too. The remote starter has nothing to do with that correct?

Reply to
Steve

price is a little high but not bad.The locate/horn can still be hooked up BUT it will honk the horn everytime you press the remote to lock the doors.Just make sure if your gonna use your factory remotes still DO NOT USE THEM TO LOCK OR UNLOCK THE DOORS!!!.I tell customers this all the time.It will actually backfeed into the remote start and can burn the circuit board.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

I have the DEI Viper 150 system. Can I add in two-way remote? The beige Responder is discontinued. There is a new blue one out there now. If not, will I have to get another system? I only have less than a year ago installed on mine.

Reply to
--Shane--

No, if your looking to get two way your gonna have to upgrade the whole system. Go to where you had it installed and see if they'll give you a break on the price

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.