? regarding Ford ( and other) warrantys

I have a 2005 Expedition ( I know, its not an Explorer..but this group has been helpful to me anyhow)..It has just over 34,000 miles on it.

So far a front end part had to be replaced, and then the entire gas tank had to be replaced ( it wouldn't accept gas without kicking out the gas pumps..any gas pump! ).

Since the factory warranty runs out soon, I've debated getting an extended warranty ( for the first time in my life). Any help, comments or suggestions? Any ideas as to prices, ? What about NAPA's extended warranty that I have seen advertised? Should I stay with ONLY the actual FORD company warranty? ...or maybe I should just chance it??. I rarely have my oil changed at a dealership. I change oil, etc. at

4,000 miles typically, but I haven't kept any "proof sheets" as we travel and the change might have been done in any of three different states.

I normally drive about 30M per year and trade any vehicle in around

100m. Your help and advice is welcomed.. RichG TX/IL
Reply to
RichG TX

fordtech via CarKB.com

Hmmmmm....no other comments about warrantees??? Strange...but... any help appreciated... RG

Reply to
rich

when I purchased my 2000 Explorer, the dealer recommended a non Ford warranty, which I purchased.

I have had only a couple of claims, but the company paid OK. But the dealer who repaired my car (not the one I purchased from) was highly skeptical of non-Ford extended warranties.

if I had to do it again, I would probably go with Ford, even at a higher price. However, you can probably check with dealer about some of the warranty companies. Or research on the net.

[...]

stevie

Do some internet searching for "Ford ESP". Quite a few ford dealerships sell the warranties considerably cheaper than just walking in the dealership. I had this info in hand when I purchased my truck from a local stealership and they gave me my price no questions asked.

I have also sold back a portion of an unused Ford ESP at a dealership in ST. Louis, can't think of the name now and I live in OKC, over the internet.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest