Remote Starter

Had a remote starter installed yesterday on my 2000 Explorer XLT. Last night I set the heater for high and was looking forward to a nice warm car in the morning. Opened the door, no heat. This thing is set up for only the accessories like radio and windows to come on. Is this normal? Is there someway I can have the heater come on as well? Or is there some good reason not to have the heater running while the remote start is working?

Reply to
DonLanger

Sounds like the installer missed one accessory feed. Both the green/yellow and the black/green at the ignition switch need to be connected to the remote start. Having said that, I did witness one Ex with EATC that offered up nothing but grief....... this is the exception to the rule. I supervised a decidedly non-mechanical friend install one a couple of weeks ago in his

2002 with 6 zone EATC - worked like a charm.

HTH

Jim Warman