Remote starter installation?

I want to install a remote starter on a 2000 Explorer. From what I read, this is probably not a do-it-yourself project for someone with limited mechanical skills. Can anyone recommend a good brand of remote starter and a good place to get it installed? I think Circuit City, Best Buy and other national chains do these. What should it cost? I'm in Raleigh, NC if anyone may know a good local type installer.

Thanks,

Will

Reply to
BOTMLINE 2

Definitly not a Do it yourself type of project. We carry Audiovox "Prestige" and DEI (Viper,Clifford,Valet) All of which have very few problems.

Big Box retailers (best buy,circuit city,ect...) are cheap places to get the work done but make sure you speak directly with the installer who will be working on your car and ask him a ton of questions to make sure he actually knows what he is doing.But I would definitly check out your local car stereo shops first.

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

Will,

I have a DEI in my 2000 EB. I've had it for more than a year and have not had any problems with it. I agree with Mark - talk to the installer. Mine was done at Circuit City and the guy who did it knew what he was doing and had done a lot of them before. It pays to make sure they know what they're doing.

Reply to
Tom Huber