remove torque converter

I am replacing my engine and need to separate the torque converter from the flywheel. Does anyone know what the best way would be to do this? None of my sockets will fit because the clearance between the edge of the nut and edge of the flywheel is too small. Also, what size is the nut in case I need to get another socket and grind it down to make a thin wall? Last question, can I pull the engine with the torque converter still bolted to the flywheel and remove it later? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to
alta_explorer

use a box/combination wrench to loosen the bolts then a ratcheting box wrench to pull them the rest of the way out.

the flywheel. Does anyone know what the best way would be to do this? None of my sockets will fit because the clearance between the edge of the nut and edge of the flywheel is too small. Also, what size is the nut in case I need to get another socket and grind it down to make a thin wall? Last question, can I pull the engine with the torque converter still bolted to the flywheel and remove it later? I would greatly appreciate any help. Thanks.

Reply to
FDRanger92