Removing Gasoline Odor

About a pint of gasoline was spilled in the far back of my station wagon. Odor remains a week later, although I've put hundreds of miles on the car with all windows, including the rear window, open. Any suggestions for getting rid of the odor? Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

You'll have to shampoo the carpet and dry it. Even them, a bottle of Fabreze (great stuff....even gets rid of wet dog and cigarette smells may be needed to help get rid of the odor

Reply to
John Riggs

Just keep sniffing to your heart's content

Reply to
jizzlobber

I've done that same thing. It just goes away after time...... You might spray some air freshener on it though, but that only covers it up.

Reply to
TPutmann