Replace Steering Rack Boot 95 Explorer EB

Yesterday the passenger side steering rack boot split in my 4wd 1995 E Explorer and leaked power steering fluid everywhere on the street. I wa at home and have not driven it.

I think I could replace this by removing the tie-rod. Is this true, or do I have to remove the whole power steering rack? Is there anything else special required?

Thanks

-

Message posted using

information at

plex4r

Replacing the boot will not fix your concern. These boots are there as dust seals only and do not contain any fluid. .. Seals further into the rack seal the fluid pressure. Sadly - you are due for a replacement rack...

Talk about trucks, huh? They pretend that free shit is theirs...

Replacing the boot will not fix your concern. These boots are there as dust seals only and do not contain any fluid. .. Seals further into the rack seal the fluid pressure. Sadly - you are due for a replacement rack...

Reply to
Jim Warman