Replacement bolt size for Thermostat outlet 94 Explorer XLT

I was replacing the thermostat and flushing the radiator this weekend following Dr. Bob's instructions and I misplaced one of the 3 bolts that go on the thermostat outlet.

Does anyone know the size of the replacement bolt I need? Can someone look it up in their service manual? I have a 94 Explorer XLT.

BTW, I misplaced it because I removed the thermostat to flush the radiator -- and only used two bolts to do this -- when I went to reassemble everything the next day, I couldn't find the third bolt. I searched everywhere for about 3 hours today but couldn't find it -- I hope saving a hundred bucks isn't going to cost me a 1500 engine overhaul if the bolt finds its way into a bad spot. I'm pretty sure I just misplaced it because I'm always good about retrieving bolts that drop down. If it fell into the engine, hopefully I would have been searching for it saturday night. Anyway, I wish I did the flush the other way -- just opening the radiator drain and putting the hose in the radiator.

Thanks, Herb

Reply to
Herb Patterson

Just take one of the remaining bolts to the auto supply, and tell them you want one just like it. Ron

Reply to
R&B